Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Apparently This Guy Doesn't Read My Blog!


Even the poor quality of my camera phone can't hide this guy's blatant disregard for my call for no preemptive Christmas celebrations!

Looks like I will also have to boycott this house . . . who ever lives there!

Oooooo! That'll show 'em!

Seriously though, from a practicality stand-point, doesn't lighting up the house on November 1st make for 2 months of crazy electric bills?

Yet another reason to wait until after Thanksgiving to get into the Christmas spirit - less $$$ spent on electricity bills means more $$$ to spend on Christmas gifts!

See, I'm not a total Scrooge!

9 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Did the house just start on fire?;>

Keri said...

Although I completely agree with you on everything about Christmas before Thanksgiving. Cameron and his crew are starting to put up Christmas lights today!!! People get a discount if they do it before Thanksgiving. Most don't turn them on until later in the month but still. I can't complain about the money but YIKES Who thinks that far ahead???

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

Ha! Looks that way, doesn't it?

But you bring up a good point. Since Christmas is the worst time of year for house fires, it's probably better to wait until after Thanksgiving to turn on the Christmas lights!
_______________________________

Hey Keri,

Will Cameron consider giving his customers an additional discount if they don't turn on thier Christmas lights until after Thanksgiving?

Having said that, for the benefit of your family, I hope Cameron gets swamped with customers as soon as possible!

Blair said...

I didn't see you out there - you should have come in!

Wade said...

Blair,

I couldn't come in because I was too busy stealing the plastic Santa off your roof!

Phillips Family said...

Oh no!

Our little neck of the woods here in DFW has already broken out the city holiday decorations. I understand that we are a bit of a tourist location, but November 4th is much too early too see the wreaths and holly on Main Street.

Wade said...

Hey L,

I made a comment to Kelly when I saw that Southlake Town Center was putting up their lights as well.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't turn on the lights until after Thanksgiving or else I'll have to deprive myself of the Apple Store!

W

Casdok said...

Yes crazy!

Shannon said...

Is that in your neighborhood???

I thought for sure there would be Christmas decorations up in our neighborhood already....seeing as people go crazy with the blow up things and orange lights for Halloween, but no such luck.