Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Ah, yes! The annual trip to the local shopping center to visit Santa Claus. No doubt the highlight of every child's Christmas season!

But you'd be crying too if you heard what this creepy-lookin' Santa had just whispered in their ears!


Ever wanted to know how Santa really felt about his gig at the mall? Just take a closer look at Santa's left hand!


Although little Mikey and Matthew were unaware, Jessica knew something was up when upon closer inspection she realized this year's Santa was really just a mannequin the mall had borrowed from Macy's.


Santa will have one of two effects on most children. One child will glow with Christmas joy while another will experience fear itself - especially if Santa is wearing make-up!


While most older children delight in telling their siblings that there really is no Santa Claus, Mary chose this moment to instead tell Jeffrey that he was really a girl and Susan that she had actually been adopted from a family of coneheads!


The twins agree - vertical stripes do nothing to slim Santa's figure.


Some kids like to show how tough they are by shaving their hair into a mohawk and wearing skull & bones t-shirts with camo pants. But we all know that Santa's lap is the real litmus test for true toughness!


Have you ever seen a Santa mail it in any worse than this guy? Of course she's screaming! I bet he didn't even start growing out his beard until October!


The first thing they teach you in Shopping Mall Santa Class is that screaming children aren't near as bad after your 4th Crown & Coke!


Hope you don't have anything to scream about during your holidays!
Thanks to Dad-N-Law for forwarding us these pictures!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Hey my sister forwarded me these too only she added my kids pic to it. It's a riot and I'll go post it on my blog right now just for YOU! :)

Jody said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!!!! We can't wait to see you guys!
Bring on the New Year!

Janell

Casdok said...

Poor kids!!
Hope you have a good one!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

I really needed the laugh. Wishing you a blessed and merry Christmas.

and, no...
I don't know Helen personally, but we are e-mail friends and God has placed her in my life in an unusual way. I am praying for her as well...
Thanks.

Hermes said...

I don't care how jolly and gray I get.If you ever see me as a mall Santa... take me out back and put... me... down. Like a horse with a broken leg.

Hope Christmas has treated you well.

Wade said...

Hey Jill,

I loved the picture!
________________________________

Hey Janell,

We can't wait! Kelly's excited because she's hoping you'll want to play her new super fancy Scrabble game she got from Santa!
________________________________

Hey Cas,

It's funny how I never had a problem with Santa - it's the Easter Bunny who struck terror into my heart!

"He's got big, pointy teeth!"

(Name that movie! You of all people should get this one!)
_______________________________

Hey MMissionary,

Glad I could give you a chuckle!

I think I read comments between you and Helen at some point that made me think you knew each other personally. I hope she's doing well.
________________________________

Hey Lawn,

When Kelly and I took Tate to see Santa last week, I actually looked at the guy and wondered what it was that made him want to do that. It can't be the money - eventhough they had to of been raking it in with the prices they were charging.

It can't be for the love of kids. My kid screaming in my lap is one thing but somebody else's kid? Yeah, you're right - put me down OR break my leg!

Either experience would be more enjoyable!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

See-Dub said...

Who can blame these kids? When I think of Santa, this guy is the one who comes to mind.

Merry Christmas! Hope y'all have enjoyed a delightful holiday!

Wade said...

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

Ha!

If the stunt were well-funded, I'd totally wear that elf suit out in public . . . for an appropriate amount of monetary reimbursement, of course!

GliterallyScoot said...

Just catching up on your blog! These totally cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh.