Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wade, The Handy-Dandy Floor-Layin' Man!

I put myself to good use these past 2 days and completed a project that had been on my To-Do List ever since we built our house several years ago . . . lay flooring down in the attic!

Oooooo! Exciting stuff, isn't it?

The only problem with my sudden motivation to get handy around the house is that I'm no Bob Vila!



In fact, I'm more like Tim Taylor - the funny guy who's better off letting someone else handle the power tools!


But an overflow of Christmas decorations, baby items that needed to be stored away until baby #2 (which is not happening anytime soon!), and a long list of stuff that probably should just be thrown away meant that I needed to make better use of my dark, drab, floorless attic.


So first, I added light . . . and it was good!


Then (thanks to Mike, a good friend who has lotsa cool power tools!) I put in floors . . . and it was good!




But the best part was that I did it all without having to spend quality time at our local emergency room . . . and Kelly said, "It was good!"

10 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Great job! And I am glad that no trip was made to the ER!

Casdok said...

Well done! Am impressed!

Anonymous said...

The time between Christmas and New Year seems to be just THE time to start something like this - I started up a fight with a door which did not close for weeks. I won ;-) ... you obviously did, too! Congrats - it looks great!

See-Dub said...

WOW! I don't know which is more impressive: the holiday productivity or the homestead handiness! Congrats!

Jenni said...

your floor installing skillz are mad.....but I'm really impressed with the size and usability of your attic!! that is awesome!!

Hermes said...

Nice work. Now, what abot finishing the insulation and adding some wallboard or something? Forget storage, it could be a gest room for the in-laws!

Jennifer said...

good job Wade!

Jennifer said...

good job Wade!

Shannon said...

I'm impressed Wade...#1 for no trips to the ER and #2 with your attic space!!

GliterallyScoot said...

I am (like everyone else on here) impressed! Good job! :-)