Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Random Google Search Results #3


EDMC gave me permission to continue to piggy-back her great idea so . . .

To once again prove that some people think Google has an answer for everything (and it does!), here's another installment of random Google searches that have lead people to Wade's Rantings. I added a link to the post that Google found.

1. "accidentally dropped something down car a/c vent" - It wasn't your wedding ring, was it?

Shocking Confession #3

2. "controlling your husband" - I'd like to file a complaint with Google for this one as there is absolutely nothing on this blog having anything to do with controlling one's husband . . . and I resent any insinuation to the contrary!

3. "remember the alamo i forgot who won" - Yet another example of why Texas History should be taught in all American schools!

Sigh! . . . The Mexican Army of over 6,000 men led by General Lopez de Santa Anna fought 200 Texan volunteers at the Alamo Mission in San Antonio, Texas in March 1836. Only 6 of the volunteers survived the battle but they were soon executed because Santa Anna would not give quarter to 'revolutionaries'. Legend has it that Davy Crockett was one of the 6 but nobody knows for sure. Susanna Dickenson said that she saw Crockett's body by the garrison where he fell supposedly during the battle.

Later at the Battle of San Jacinto, Sam Houston yelled, 'Remember the Alamo!' as a rallying cry and led the Texans in a surprise attack against the Mexican Army. 600 Mexican soldiers were killed in less than 20 minutes. General Santa Anna was captured and Texas won its independence.

The stars at night
Are big and bright!
(Clap, clap, clap, clap!)
Deep in the heart of Texas!

I know, I'm a history snob. And I have no earthly idea how this Google search brought up my blog.

4. "what do you do when your mother-in-law chokes you?" - Get a restraining order!

Do You Do The Heimlich?

5. "Is it a good idea to air out dirty laundry in church?" - Umm . . . based upon the title of my post on this subject, a little discretion in this area will probably be greatly appreciated by your fellow parishioners!

Please Air Out Your Dirty Laundry Someplace Else!

6 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

5. "Is it a good idea to air out dirty laundry in church?" - Umm . . . based upon the title of my post on this subject, a little discretion in this area will probably be greatly appreciated by your fellow parishioners!

Some church dirty laundry should be buried and some publicly cleaned, perhaps?

Russ:)

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

you have no idea how much I enjoy your blogs...
I sit over here in Germany and think - HOW in the world did I never meet this man and his family!!!!!
You are a hoot!
Praising God that you are around... in Roanoke close to my kids - Making Flower Mound, Lewisville, Even Highland Village a more fun place to live!!!!!!

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

I'm sure this is a great on-going debate in the church leadership crowd. A far as the individual is concerned (as in one who is not serving as part of a church leadership), I think it's situational. Is this person airing out because of their own repetitent conscience or are they using the standards of the church to call others out.

As for the leadership, I hate to see airing out either way because it causes so many to lose faith. Did you hear last year about that senior pastor at a Colorado mega-church who was caught in a relationship with another man? There was a great fallout in the congregation and you know that many non-Christians looked at that incident as an excuse not to even bother considering a relationship with Christ. "Why should I have to go to church? I'm already better than that pastor!"

And then you have the whole issue of a congregation not accepting someone because of what they've aired-out - which unfortunately happens every Sunday of the year! Divorcees, people who had children out of marriage, drug addicts, etc have all been ostricized because the church couldn't handle their problem (which is why I said that some would prefer that other didn't air anything out at all) The crazy part about it all it that it's not even the church problem to deal with in first place. It's God's problem and he already took care of it at the cross.

(Wow, I guess Wade has a new hot button!)
______________________________

Hey MMissionary,

Wow! What a compliment! You've certainly brightened up my drizzly, dreary North Texas morning! Thank you so much! Glad you like the blog!

W

Kelly said...

At least your mother-in-law would be saying "bless your heart" while choking you! :)

Maybe this will get her to post a comment!

Jennifer said...

Too funny!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Did you hear last year about that senior pastor at a Colorado mega-church who was caught in a relationship with another man?

Hi Wade, I appreciate the good essay.

I heard about the man and your comment and my latest are somewhat related. I would be one to keep things private if possible and deal with sin without making a public display, if possible.