Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tagged . . .

I've been tagged again . . .

This time it's by Get Off My Lawn! - a blog I tripped over not too long ago. I found Lawn (as I'll call him) immediately endearing as we have both learned to embraced the grumpy old men within. Take a moment to stop by and even say hello. But consider yourself warned - I don't think he likes it when people walk on his lawn!

(Love that blog title, by the way!)

Now, on with the meme. Here are the rules:

1) Post a note about a blogger you would like to see something wonderful happen for. Maybe one whose posts have touched your heart in one way or another. Include details as to why you admire them and what you wish for them. Be as supporting and affirming as you can.

2) Post your favorite memory around selflessness, giving, or doing for others. Something that has actually changed you.

3) As a postscript, name one thing you will actually do for someone in your life before December 31 that is born out of joy.

4) Tag 3 other bloggers who will play the game and find the spirit. Don't forget to leave a comment on their blog so they continue to share the good feelings.

Sounds easy enough, right?

1. Helen - If you don't read her blog then you should. And if you do read her blog then you know that she is definitely deserving of something wonderful to happen in her life! She's had a rough go at it lately and could probably use a little encouragement. Hang in there, Helen!

Blessed Assurances - Another blog that should be on your radar screen. Susan (a crazy high school friend of mine who knows too many of my crazy high school stories!) and her husband Jeff are hoping for a little wonderful bundle of joy. I desperately hope that for them as do so many others! Hopefully this will be their last Christmas as just Susan & Jeff!

The A-Team - Want a good reason why Jody & Janell deserve something wonderful to happen? They're raising twins! And if you've ever googled 'raising twins' then you'll know that it ain't easy! But despite all the challenges they face (most of which strike the fear of God in me!), both Jody & Janell come off like pro's - although more like exhausted pro's! All the more reason why I wish something wonderful for them!

2. I once pulled over to help 2 old ladies whose car had broken down out in the middle of nowhere (between Comanche and Brownwood, Texas) during a hot Texas summer. Since I have the mechanical IQ of a dead hamster and didn't have a clue how to fix their car, I instead used my friendliest, most-trustworthy smile to offer to drive them to a relative's house 45 minutes away. I could tell they were a bit leery of me at first but they accepted my offer.

During the drive, I talked non-stop about my then-pregnant wife and my small group in hopes of reassuring them that they didn't have anything to worry about. I don't know why I did that other than maybe then they wouldn't think I was some psycho serial killer . . . because we all know that psycho serial killers don't have pregnant wives and don't go to weekly bible studies.

Apparently it worked because they both fell asleep in my car! No joke! Think about it - 2 old women who spent 2 hours in the heat and then sit in an air-conditioned car with some babbling idiot who won't shut up about his church and family . . . I'd act like I fell asleep, too!

I actually felt bad when I had to wake them up once we got to Stephenville because I didn't know where their relative's house was.

Once we got there, they were sweet and offered to pay me for my inconvenience. I declined and drove away just happy that I was able to help.

3. I know I need to do something for Kelly. She works hard everyday with Tate and never complains! I'll think of something good and then share it later.

4. I'll tag Jennifer because she tagged me not too long ago . . .

. . . Chris & Sarah because I've never tagged them before and I'm curious if they'll do it . . .

. . . and Wendy because maybe then she'll throw in more pictures of Casen just for the heck of it - and you can never go wrong with more Casen pictures!

Thanks for the tag, Lawn!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

ahh! that's sweet, thank you for thinking of us. God's timing is perfect so we will continue to take it one day at a time.

I will do this meme soon once I get my house back in order from the holidays :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, Wade - our familiy could for sure need a bit of 'wonderful' in our lifes right now - especially my stepmom and stepsisters.

Thanks for your kind comment at my blog - it was really encouraging to see how many bloggers came over and left some message of sympathy.