Monday, February 04, 2008

The Good (Eli), The Bad (Belichick), & The Ugly (Petty)

For once, the big game actually lived up to its hype and even entertained us more than the hit-and-miss commercials.

In case you want to know, I eventually and decided to root for the defense . . . of both teams!

That's probably a unstable way of picking a team but I realized that the big names in this game, all of which I couldn't stand, played on the offensive side of the ball. Since I couldn't hardly name any of defensive players on either team I decided to root for the defense!

And guess what? I won!!!

But in doing so, I guess there is one thing I have to admit . . . Eli Manning is a good quarterback.

There. I said it. Now let's move on!

Bill Belichick's early exit to stage right before the game was over only reiterates his jerk-dom and provides yet another reason why I was glad to see New England lose! Whatever happened to 'we win as a team, we lose as a team'?

As for the Half Time Show, Tom Petty may not be pretty but he can still play!

The only thing I'm wondering about now is how does eldest brother Cooper Manning feel this morning being the only Manning not to win a Super Bowl?


Sheesh! The Manning Thanksgiving Family Reunion is gonna be pretty tense this year!

Cooper is gonna catch the glare of a Super Bowl ring everytime either Peyton or Eli pass him the sweet potatoes!

At least Cooper will always be able to laugh at Peyton for wearing dorky sweaters when he was little.
_______________________________________________

"Are you excited about Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers playing in the Super Bowl Half Time Show?"

Total votes: 16

Tom who and the what-breakers?: 18% (3 votes)

Who cares? Half time is for a restroom run and a second trip through the buffet line!: 25% (4 votes)

I guess Hanana Montana was already booked: 25% (4 votes)

"You don't have to live like a refuge!" (Cigarette lighter in hand!): 31% (5 votes)

Sorry, Tara!

4 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Bill Belichick's early exit to stage right before the game was over only reiterates his jerk-dom and provides yet another reason why I was glad to see New England lose! Whatever happened to 'we win as a team, we lose as a team'?

Excellent point, Wade.

I could understand his frustration at that point. I would be furious and want to leave as well, but I know it would be unsportsmanlike. He and his team blew it! They played an off game at the worst time and I was frustrated for him too, but NYG deserved the win.

Russ:)

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

Sure, I can certainly understand Belichick's disappointment - but there is absolutely nothing worse in sports than a sore loser!

Later in his press conferences he gave a lot of credit to NY - but that was still a poor show!

W

TREY MORGAN said...

With every drop of kindness in my body let me just say if they were naming history's "all-ugly" band, Tom Petty would be the front man.

While watching him I was just praying, "Please, no wardrobe malfunction. Please"

:)

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Thanks, Wade.

What I dislike very much in sports is sore winners, those who win and then rub it in. That is being mean whereas I can understand being angry at losing although we agree that being a sore loser is wrong.

Russ:)