Friday, February 22, 2008

To The Guy Who Sat Next To Me On My Flight To Fort Lauderdale Earlier This Week . . .

For the love of all that is pure and holy . . . STOP FIDGETING!!!

But then again, how could anyone expect you to sit still during a 2-hour flight after you down a Starbuck's venti-double-expresso-white-mocha-latte-frappa-whatchamacallit so fast you're bouncin' off the overhead compartments like a 4th grader who snuck in a Dr. Pepper and 6 powdered donuts for breakfast two days after losing his Ritalin!!!


_________________________________________


By the way, I saw Trent Green (former quarterback for the Miami Dolphins, as of last week!) in the Fort Lauderdale airport but didn't care enough to beat him down with some random conversation just so that I could blog about seeing him.



So instead, I just gave him a knowing nod when we made eye contact as if to say that even though I knew who he was, I wasn't going to bug him about his plans now that he has been unceremoniously released from a football team that went 1-15 this past season.

Because, boy, that would have been really awkward!

7 comments:

Hermes said...

Good call. He probably would have just started crying. Then you would have been obligated to try and comfort him. Let him mope.

Anonymous said...

Haha... That's funny. I enjoy the way you write.

Anonymous said...

BTW... Did you know Trine Owen @ ACU?

Anonymous said...

Erm, just so you know, some people fidget without even knowing it. They often can't help it. Believe me, if you were sitting next to my husband, you'd prefer he fidget than not.

Wade said...

Hey Lawn,

Yeah, you're probably right. He would have started crying and then asked me or hug. The next you know there would have been a picture of me and Trent Green in full embrace on the cover of People magazine along side a caption that questioned our manliness!

Man, I hate the paparazzi! Is nothing private or sacred any more?

______________________________

Hey Josh,

Glad you enjoy the blog!

And I know TO from my high school days @ FWC.
______________________________

Hey Anon,

Yeah, I know some people can't help that they have a little nervous energy - I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt that he was a little fearful of flying. Even though he was wouldn't stop moving around in his seat (and consequently waking me up), I made sure I didn't seem as irritated as I actually was.

That being said though, I always try to be aware of the irritating little things I do when I'm surrounded by a lot of people for a long period of time. Surely this guy knew he kept bumping me!

Thanks all for stopping by,

Erm

Shelly said...

Catching up on your blog---laughed out LOUD at your "Who's afraid of the big bad shark" story. : ) Hysterical! BTW--Jack didn't walk until he was 16 months (almost 17). It made me crazy but now it's hard to remember how long it felt at the time. (if that makes sense)

Wade said...

Hey Shelly,

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that Tate isn't the only kid just sitting around. It's interesting to me that Jack didn't walk sooner since he had a big sister showing him the way.

Tate is definitely making progress through physical therapy but I predict it he'll be 17-18 months before he's off and running!

No rush though - at least now he's easy to keep up with!

Thanks for stopping by,

W