Saturday, February 02, 2008

Torn

I doubt the constant wavering in deciding between which team to root against in tomorrow's Super Bowl is what Natalie Imbruglia had in mind when she wrote Torn.



Yet, this is how I feel! Nothing is fine! I'm torn!

Do I root against the New England "Alright already - you're the greatest team in the history of ever!" Patriots?

Or, do I root against the New York "There is no stinkin' way Eli Manning is this good!" Giants?

Since I can't stand either team, I have to choose which one I want to lose. I'd love to see Bill "For the last time, yes, I am a freakin' football genius!" Belichick lose his perfect season to the Giants in the Super Bowl . . .

But that would mean that Eli "I'm here only because my last name is Manning" Manning would be a Super Bowl-winning quarterback!

Gasp! I shutter at the thought!

So do you understand my conundrum? Can you sympathize with my predicament? Surely someone shares my dispair!

Which is the lesser of two evils?

3 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

As a serious Cowboy fan ... I understand completely.

DeeAnne said...

i will sympathize. i grew up in texas, and am now married to a giant's fan. tonight was tense.

we moved to texas only 6 weeks ago from new york. my poor husband, die hard for the giants, had to celebrate silently for his team, so as to not wake the baby. and he had no one to share his glee with, for i find it very difficult... and i had to urge him not to wake our 6-month-old up to share in the revelry...

you see, i feign not to care. however, these situations get my blood pressure up to dangerous numbers.

so i now sit here, quietly commenting on blogs of people i do not know, feeling the pain all over again as my fingers stroll the keyboard, reliving the angst.

geez, i should write poetry.

ha.

Wade said...

Hey Trey,

Maybe we should start a support group!
______________________________

Hey Rubber Turkey,

Welcome back to Texas!

I was quite surprised by how many die-hard Cowboy fans were pulling for the Giants. It seemed sacrilege to do so but it was better than the alternative!

Tell your husband I said congrats!

Thanks for stopping by,

W