Thursday, September 07, 2006

My favorite time of the year!

Some people like Christmas. Others prefer the springtime. 4th of July is always fun. But for me, now is my favorite time of the year . . . it’s football season, baby!

In order to keep priorities straight this fall I am providing a list to let you know when you’ve taken things just a little too far (a couple are courtesy of David Letterman)!

Top 10 signs you’ve been watching too much football:

10. You are hurled from your car after a high-speed collision and your first thought is, "Cool! I'm in a nice tight spiral!”

9. To feel closer to some of your favorite players, you tear the cartilage in your knee.

8. Your medical alert bracelet reads, "In case of emergency, tape Sunday's pre-game show".

7. You use a telestrator to show your wife how she parked the car wrong.

6. At the end of an office meeting, you pat your boss on his backside.

5. Someone asks you to pass the turkey and you hurl it 60 yards.

4. Instead of a hug and a kiss, you say good-bye to your wife in the morning by yelling, “Ready! Break!”

3. Balancing your checkbook calls for a rehearsed end-zone celebration.

2. You attend a parent-teacher meeting shirtless and covered in body paint.

1. The kids bring home a good report card and you dump Gatorade on them.


Are you ready for some football?!?!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love football season as well. Jeff is a huge San Diego fan-HUGE! WE are hoping for some luck this year since they got rid of Drew Brees. We'll see. Just think you will be able to teach baby STZ the importance of Super Bowl Sunday this year. That will be sooo much fun for you, I am sure

Anonymous said...

Texas-Fight, Texas-Fight...
Hook 'Em...

I'm more excited about college footabll than my own soccer season!

Brad

Shannon said...

Congratulations Wade, you got a comment from Brad...even signed with his name! You should feel lucky.

I only like watching college football because it is a great sport for napping. And the weather is cooler, even better on Saturday afternoons. Watching golf is good for napping too!

Wade said...

Hey Susan,

San Diego? Is Jeff from there? There aren't many of you guys around here. Although there are a few Charger fans by virtue of TCU fans who still follow Tomlinson.

Yeah, I can't wait to sit down with Baby Strz for our first football game. My prediction is that our first game will be on Dec 10 vs. New Orleans. Baby Strz says, "No contest - Dallas by 10."
______________________________

Hey Brad,

Shannon says that I should feel honored that you have blessed my blog with your presence . . .

Continuing on now, I have to say that I'm actually anticipating watching UT this year. Let's hope that Texas gets a better start to thier season than, let's say, Cal! Hope those guys enjoyed that Top 10 ranking - which didn't last for more than 10 minutes into the season! Hey Cal, here's a concept: try practicing open-field tackling! It's a good way to prevent the other team from scoring touchdowns . . . from 80 yards out! So, Go Bears or whatever!

Anyway, I'm on the Bevo bandwagon, Brad!

(PS: Thanks for gracing my blog with your presence!)
________________________________

Hey Shannon,

I agree. Sunday afternoons are great nap times. And they will be even more so this fall. Wanna know why? Kelly let me buy a leather recliner last weekend! Bu-ya!

I'm gonna get fat and lazy this fall! Can't wait!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

Anonymous said...

You are right Wade, this is the BEST time of year - College Football!! And take it easy on poor CAL. It's just one game in a long Season.

Go Bears!!

rpe