Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My new ride!

I felt this song would be appropriate for this post.



One of the great perks of being a legalized drug dealer is getting a free company car. One of the not-so-great perks of being a legalized drug dealer is that my company expects me to drive my company car . . . everywhere!


Ever since I got my current company car in October 2004 I have been driving and driving and driving! For work I drive to Granbury, Stephenville, Dublin, Brownwood, Eastland, and Comanche – sometimes all in one day!

From Roanoke, I drive to church in Lewisville. Softball in Farmer’s Branch. The in-laws are in Hurst. Got a bike race in Sulphur Springs? I’m there! Wanna hit the hills in Muenster? Let’s go!

In 22 months, I have driven 76,963 miles!

Yep, I’ve seen (and smelt) many a road kill!

Kelly says I’m playing the odds in that I have spent so much time on the road and yet have not been involved in an accident! If that won’t make you feel jinxed then nothing will!



Let’s put a pencil to the numbers:

- 22 months.
- 76,963 miles.
- 3,498 miles per month.
- 128 miles per day.
- I have purchased somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,850 gallons of gas.
- I, ahem, my company has purchased somewhere around $10,000 worth of gas!!!

But now it’s time for an upgrade! My company switches out cars every 75,000 miles or 3 years – which ever comes first. Here’s my brand new Escape.


I decided to trick it up a little by going with black!

Look closely and you can see Kelly modeling the new car . . . from the inside! I guess pregnant women need to stay out of light drizzling rain.

Let’s see how many miles I can put on this bad boy!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Were you driving when you took that picture?

I like the new car. I'm up for a new car too. The 4 Runner has 79,000 miles on it. Can you let your boss know?

Wade said...

Ha! I was wondering if anyone would notice that!

Actually no! I was still in the dealership parking lot when I took that picture!

You've got a sharp eye, Shannon!