Sunday, September 24, 2006

Robert Tate Strzinek

That's his name!!!

I gave Kelly an "end-of-September" deadline to make up her mind on our short list of names for our baby boy. She caught me a little by surprise by deciding so quickly. And why wouldn't she with such a great name like Robert Tate Strzinek?

He'll be a 3rd generation Robert - my dad and I both share Robert as our first name. But like me, he'll go by his middle name. Kelly was the one who actually thought of Tate - I knew that was the right name as soon as I heard it.

Funny how that happens. For so long, I was worried about how I would know (See What's in a Name). But as soon as Kelly said it - I knew, "Robert Tate! That's his name!"

Those of you close to me know that ever since then I've been dropping not-so-subtle hints to Kelly that Tate was my favorite.

Now I get to start on his nicknames. So far I've got "Little Man Tate" and "Tate-r-tot".

8 comments:

Shannon said...

We knew all along it would be Tate, didn't we Wade?

Keri said...

I love it!!! Tate is a good strong name to go with Strzinek. Not too commen so there won't be ton of Tate's in his classes either. That is the teacher coming out in me. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. Many blessings!

tara said...

I love the name Tate - a very cool boy name. It's good for a little boy and it sounds great when he's a grown up.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,

I actually told Kelly that I was glad she eventually agreed to Tate because I wasn't looking forward to shooting down any other suggestion she came up with!
________________________________

Thanks Keri,

My parents named me Wade for the same reason - there wouldn't be 5 other boys named Wade. But then they moved into a new house a month after I was born and found that the boy next door was named Wade as well. Oh well!
________________________________

Thanks Tara,

The boy/grown up factor was the biggest reason why I didn't like most names - either it worked for a boy but not for an adult (and vice versa).

There were also a lot names that surprisingly didn't flow well with 'Strzinek' ... a lot of names! Who would have thought that?

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

Anonymous said...

Hi Wade! You don't know me but I happened upon your blog a while back and love it. You crack me up. Love the name Tate! My three boys have less common names as well. Anyway - my first thought when you mentioned nicknames was "Tate the Great!"

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love Tate! Tater! Tat-e-kins! Son! How about that?

Congratulations
Susan

Wade said...

Hi Jill,

Nice to meet you!

Tate the Great! Ha! Love it!

When he gets older we'll dress him up for Halloween as a Roman centurion complete with a sword and shield and call him "Tate the Great".
________________________________

Thanks Susan,

I'm looking forward to transitioning from "Crazy Uncle Wade" to "Daddy".

There's one thing about having a niece and nephew around - it gives you great practice.

Thanks for stopping by,

W

laura said...

Wade,
Our little man Nathan gets called Nate alot, which leads to Nater Gator, Nate Dog, and so many more, i'll have to work on remembering them. His Aunt Emily is calling him Nater, you look like a tator right now... oh the joys! Great name pick!