Saturday, September 23, 2006

QOTW Results: Just when you think you know your blog audience . . .

My question was: "You would like to have 2 tickets to watch your favorite team play in the . . . "

Your choices were: (1) NFL Super Bowl, (2) NBA Championship, (3) NHL Stanley Cup Finals, (4) MLB World Series

You chose: "Forget the sports! Give me 2 tickets to see Oprah!"

(I can't believe I have a picture of Oprah on my blog!!)

Seriously folks! We gotta talk! I put that choice in at the last minute just so that the non-sports fan would still have something to choose from!!

I guess I've learned something new about my blog audience today. I would have never known that the majority of you would rather watch Oprah in person than watch a national champion be crowned!

(Maybe it has something to do with you achieving your dreams rather than watching someone else achieve theirs!! Oooo, deep!)

But, that's cool! It's all good! Maybe I'll glace through an O Magazine while standing in the check out line so that I can learn more about your likes and dislikes . . . But what if someone sees me reading Oprah's magazine? . . . Well, so much for that idea!!

Don't worry - I'll figure out some way to accommodate all you Oprah fans. Just don't be expecting any free cars just for reading my blog!!

Total votes: 16

Oprah: 7 votes, 43%

NFL Super Bowl: 5 votes, 31%

NBA Championship: 2 votes, 12%

NHL Stanley Cup Finals: 2 votes, 12%

MLB World Series: 0 votes

_____________________________________________

My next question is in honor of my wife - who recently drove through the City of Alvarado, Texas at an excessive rate of speed!

Can anyone say 'deferred judification'?

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to represent blog readers! I am proud to say that I didn't even stuff the ballot box on this one. You have to admit, Oprah is just that great.

By the way, there are not good signs in Alvarado when the speed limit drops to 60!

Pearson Family said...

Been there, done that, and didn't like it. About 4 years ago, Anne Stovall and I went to Chicago and were able to score Oprah tickets. We were so excited. We had our purses stripped clean except for Kleenex and lipstick, been searched and walked through metal detectors. Then she came out and wasn't very friendly, there were NONE of those nice outtakes or free gifts and NO after the show for us. She sat in her chair making few glances over to the audience. AND, the LIVE topic of that show...War. Tom Friedman for the New York Times, some other guy, and lots of clips from Michael Moore's movie Ferenheit (sp) 9-11. Bush had just given the 24 hour threat...

I have often thought about writing her and telling her of my experience and ask her for more tickets to make it right, but I would rather have the NBA finals!

Sorry for the long post. I have actually given you the shorter version after Stacey looked over at me and said 'Boy you sure are making a long comment.'I deleted many of the other details. Glad your baby has a name! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Paige,

A couple of things: First, that really doesn't surprise me about Oprah. She strikes me as someone who has lost a little of the 'real world'.

I can imagine how bummed you were to have to sit through a show on war. My luck is that Kelly will drag me up there and I'll have to sit through a show on women's upcoming fashion styles.

But Kelly says that I have to go because then she'll get better seats. She heard that they like to put the men closer to the front so that they'll be on TV and make it look like they attract a male audience - do you know if that's true?

Second: Anne Stovall!! Wow! Do you still keep up with her! I'd love to drop Anne an email. Send me her address if you have it!

Third: Always feel free to comment as much as you want, Paige! It's always great hearing from you.

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Pearson Family said...

anne and I are really good friends! her email: annestovall@aol.com.

It was kind of like a cattle call. Hundereds of women who have been up since around 4am crammed in a large but too small for everyone room. Then they start calling you by group numbers and NO assigned seating. The earlier you get there the better your number is FYI. People running everywhere. It was crazy. Some girls knew exactly what they were doing and where they should sit, because they got LOTS of air time. You couldn't even find us on a spanning shot. The worse part: 2 shows were being shot that day. There were 4-5 large white buses waiting to carry some lucky women somewhere, but not us. Their show would air the next day. They got to go see a movie and come back to the taping of the show with movie stars and barbeque! FOOD! We had kleenex boxes under our chairs. I think the movie was a comedy about this guy running for a political office. Anne and I tried to block that part out of our memories. At least we did get to experience it, right?

Anonymous said...

Hey Paige,

Based on what you said, Kelly can call rent-a-husband if she still wants to see Oprah! What a beating! No thank you!

That's the same reason why I don't go to live concerts. U2, my 2nd most favorite band, came to town last year and I didn't even think about going to see them. The crowd would be a beating - I wouldn't be able to afford decent seats, so the sound would be terrible - and Bono would look like he was 4'11''.

Thanks for Anne's email - can't wait to tell her hi!

Thanks for stopping by,

W