Thursday, November 30, 2006

False Alarm at 2 AM!

Kelly and I have been sleeping in separate rooms for the past few nights.

Don't worry, we're not fighting.

With the 12-pillow arrangement that she needs to sleep comfortably (in addition to all that racket I apparently make in the middle of the night), Kelly prefers to sleep in the guest bedroom in order to get a good night's sleep until the baby arrives.

Yesterday morning, Kelly woke me up as she opened our bedroom door at 2 AM and I could tell she was walking towards my side of the bed. Before she said anything I was already thinking, 'Oh my gosh! This is it! She's coming to tell me that she's in labor! It's time to go to the hospital!'

Just as I was about to jump out of bed and grab our ready-packed suitcase, Kelly leaned over and said in her sweetest and most pathetic voice, "Wade? The wind keeps swinging the fence gate back and forth and it's keeping me awake . . . will you go outside and close the gate?"

D'oh!

Too bad none of you were in my backyard at 2 AM yesterday morning. You would have seen me walking around in my underwear, with no contacts, stumbling over patio furniture and mumbling something about the 'stupid wind' and a baby who is 'taking his own sweet time!'

Man, I sure hope none of you were in my backyard at 2 AM yesterday morning!

10 comments:

Nirek said...

:) Best wishes to have your baby soon!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

The mental picture of you in the stumbling in the backyard...priceless!

Wade said...

Thanks, Nirek!
_______________________________

Hey Suz,

Yeah, the things you'll do for your pregnant wife!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Keri said...

Okay~So I missed the November 30th date on the baby pool but am I still in the running for weight and height or is it an all or nothing deal?? :)

I pray for great patience in the next few days!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is too funny!! Baby Tate must be waiting for Dec 3rd to be born cause that's the date I picked! :)

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Inevitably our boys forget homework, backpacks, lunchboxes, etc in the car. I find it quite amusing that I can convince them to put on shoes and run out in their underwear to collect everything.

The fact that they seem to refuse to wear pants in the house, well- that's one that I'll never understand...

Wade said...

Hey Keri,

No, you're not out of the running - but you definitely get more points if you've picked the right day.

Hey, you'll definitely beat me! I picked Nov 27th. Oh, well!
________________________________

Hey Jill,

The 3rd works for me - so long as I get a chance to at least watch some of the Cowboy-Giant game!

Good luck!
_______________________________

Hey Mike,

Ha! That's great! Amusing myself by publicly humiliating my kids is one of the things about being a father that I'm looking forward to the most! Can't wait!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

B-Mom said...

Are you trying to compete with Brad & Shannon's neighbors?

Wade said...

Hey B-Mom,

I was wearing underwear. Which makes me practically fully dressed compared to Brad & Shannon's neighbors!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Blair said...

That's hilarious!

I've found that even after the baby is born, you will never gain your bed territoy back. Ever. We refer to my 'half' of the bed as the ironing board. That's all I got.