Sunday, November 26, 2006

Let Christmas 2006 officially begin!

Now that we've taken the appropriate time to give thanks to our Lord for the blessings that we have received . . . let the Christmas season begin!

Retailers, restaurants, offices with waiting rooms, buildings with elevators, TV commercials, radio ads and even cell phone ring tones - you are all free to bombard us with Christmas carols until we can take it no more . . . or until December 26th, which ever comes first!

To guide you through this most festive time of the year, let me give 2 suggestions:

First, be sure to pay homage to the greatest Christmas movie of all time, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:



(What? Were you expecting It's A Wonderful Life or A Christmas Story? Oh, pa-leazzz!)

Second, let me warn you to avoid the worst Christmas song of all time! I can speak from personal experience and say that if you hear this song on your car radio you will be suddenly tempted to drive off an embankment! So listen at your own risk!



Hey, I love Paul McCartney just as much as the next Beatle fan - but his eggnog must have been spiked with a little "sumpthin-sumpthin" (if you know what I mean) when he composed this noise pollution!

I can remember barely containing myself when I heard that Sir Paul was releasing a new Christmas single. I sat in my room on the edge of my bed wearing my Walkman radio in manic anticipation of hearing the next great song written by my favoriate ex-Beatle!

30 seconds into it my ears started to bleed and I suffered flu-like symptoms for a week!

Which is not the way you'll want to spend the Christmas holiday, believe you me!

So follow these 2 simple suggestions and Christmas 2006 is guaranteed to be one of the best ever! Meanwhile, be sure to stop by throughout the holiday season for additional proper guidance on optimally acceptable Noellic celebratory practices and such!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

laura said...

i still remember the year the Christmas Shoes song came out. do you know which one i'm talking about... sick mom, little kid standing in line, wants to buy new shoes for his mommy to meet Jesus in, but doesn't have enough money? yeah, so it didn't go over so well with my husband, in fact i think he says shoot me in the head every time it comes on :) oh the Christmas memories :)

Keri said...

HA!!! I love Christmas Vacation. It is the best. Hope you have an exciting few days waiting for Tate to get here.

tara said...

So is it scary that the movie reminds me of my family - minus the kidnapping the boss?

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,

It may surprise you that I don't remember the Christmas Shoes song. Kelly described it as a Christmas version of Butterfly Kisses . . . ugh, I can imagine listening to a song like that would be a slow painful death!
_______________________________

Hey Keri,

Remember Brian D? He and I would crack each other up by quoting Christmas Vacation back and forth - we were such simpletons!

Hey speaking of Brian - I don't know if you realize this - but remember when you introduced me to Brian in the Bean during our sophomore year?

Well, after you left ACU he and I became roommates, became best friends, were in each other's wedding and still see each other all the time . . . So hey! Thanks!
________________________________

Hey Tara,

Ha! I think we all relate to the Griswalds because deep inside that's how we feel about our families.

It also doesn't help when you actually have Griswald moments. Such as the time when my family arrived at the airport to leave on vacation and realized that my dad had packed our suitcases in our other car.

The shot of my dad and the sky cap starring into an empty trunk is a classic that will forever live in the Strz-wald Family Comedy of Errors!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W