Friday, October 06, 2006

I hate Chick-Fil-A Cookies & Cream Shakes!



Actually they're really, really good.

Which means I have to eat them all the time. Which means I have to ride further on my bike . . . which is why I hate them.

If you have never partaken of this sweet nectar of life then I advise you resist temptation at all cost! Once you have one they seem to call our your name everytime you drive by a Chick-Fil-A.

Sometimes I resist - but most times I don't!

By the way, did you know that it only cost $5,000 to purchase a Chick-Fil-A franchise? They make thier money by making the owners pay a ton in royalties!

The hard part is the interview process! S. Truett Cathy (founder) is super picky on who he awards franchises to.

Owners with well performing locations (and which of them aren't?) can make an annual salary of $150,000 - top performers can earn up to $250,000!

It's actually not a bad gig - other than having to work on Saturdays and the average age of the employees being somewhere in the neigborhood of 16.5 years old!

And I should know, I used to be one of those 16.5 year olds.

Anyway, if you end up getting a franchise of your own - save a Cookies & Cream shake for me!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I haven't tried their shakes yet. I was wondering if they were any good.

Which has better shakes: Chick-Fil-A or Rick and Carolyn's???

Anonymous said...

Ooo, good question from Shannon!

Now, when I pull thu Rick & Carolyn's (which is a mandatory stop during any trip to Abilene) - it's usually for a chocolate shake. So it's really not fair to try to compare it to CFA's Cookies & Cream shake.

So for the sake of research, it looks like I need to run down the street and order a chocolate shake from CFA in order to get a true 'apples-to-apples' comparison.

I'll get back with you!

By the way, it's my opinion that Rick & Carolyn's has the best combination of burgers, shakes and fries!

Wade said...

Here are the results from the Rick & Caroyln's vs. Chick-Fil-A Chocolate Shake Off:

Both have good chocolate shakes, but I'd still go with Rick & Carolyn's.

But if it's a Cookies & Cream shake you're hankerin' for - it's gotta be Chick-Fil-A.

Enjoy!