Sunday, October 15, 2006

QOTW Results

My question this past week was prompted by a trip to our local Target.

While walking through the baby section I found my new favorite t-shirt for Tate.

It's a Beatles t-shirt for babies!! Ha!

I was also surprised to see t-shirts for The Rolling Stones - which got me thinking, "I wonder which t-shirts they sell more of: The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

Hence my question.

Quite frankly, I'm not too surprised The Beatles won my Question of the Week! I think they're much more indearing and their music was by far much more innovative.

To me, The Rolling Stones seem to have a sound they stuck with, albeit a good sound. What separated The Beatles was they practically had a new distinctive sound with each new album. For instance, compare Sgt. Pepper's to Help! or The White Album to Hard Day's Night.

And that's why Tate will be a big fan of theirs as well. He'll have a unique sound all his own as well! Plus, he'll just appreciate really good Rock N' Roll!

Here are the results from this week's Question of the Week:

"The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?"

Total: 15 votes

I've Got a Feeling (The Beatles): 10 votes, 66%

Start Me Up! (The Rolling Stones): 1 vote, 6%

Neither, they're both old!: 4 votes, 26%

(PS: For those of you who think The Beatles and The Rolling Stones are too old to matter and therefore don't know otherwise, I've Got a Feeling and Start Me Up! are songs by each group.)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

tara said...

I love the Beatles t-shirt. We have an Ozzy Newborn onzie that we bought for Scout - its hysterical.

Shannon said...

do you think your father in law was the one vote for the rolling stones?

loved seeing you guys this weekend! mallory had so much fun!

Mo said...

I would vote for the Stones over the Beatles because I like the music better, but that's because I grew up on them as well as The Who, The Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
You should of posted Satisfaction as your song, which some say is the greatest rock-n-roll song of all time, especially considering Mick's motivation to writing it...and if it were not for Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys, Sgt Pepper wouldnt have the following it had (although it missed the point of Pet Sounds).

I do like the shirt though, glad to see someone will be dressing him in class.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara,

Ozzy Newborn! Ha! I bet you get a lot of laughs with that one.

I wonder how many parents are going to paint thier babies this Halloween to look like KISS?

It happens - believe me!
_____________________________

Hey Shannon,

If said-father-in-law voted for The Rolling Stones then I have lost all musical respect for him - he knows better than that!

We enjoyed seeing you guys as well! Next time I won't forget the camera so maybe we'll have some pictures!
_____________________________

Hey Mo,

Give me a break! What the heck does Pet Sounds have to do with Sgt. Pepper's? Sgt. Peppers stands alone without help from The Beach Boys thank you very much!

Don't make me drive over there and bust you over the head with a surf board! Pet Sounds, craziest thing I've ever heard of!

Anywho - thanks all for stopping by,

W

Anonymous said...

very nice blog!
My name is Franco Di Giacomo
Would it make fun for you,
to make money in the Internet?
(Income for Life!)
Yes?
NEW Business, see the GDI video
www-franco.blogspot.com