Friday, October 13, 2006

I pity us all!

Everybody has a reality TV show these days.

Case in point, be sure to stop down and watch TV Land's I Pity the Fool, starring (you guessed it!) Mr. T himself!

Are you kidding me? You mean some executive at TV Land thought so much of Mr. T's jibba jabba that they gave him his own TV show?

In that case, what about me? I should have a TV show! People could vote on how long it takes me to find my car keys each morning!

As for Mr. T, let's keep track of how many times he gets confused and says "Hey kids! Eat your drugs and say no to vegetables!"

Obviously Mr. Big Time Exec at TV Land never saw this jem of a video sent to me by Brian D!



Here are some Mr. T fast facts:

- Born Laurence Tureaud on May 21, 1952.

- Was the 11th of 12 kids (Holy cow!)

- Awarded a football scholarship to Prairie View A&M, Texas where he majored in Mathematics but was thrown out after his first year.

- For about 10 years, he worked as a bodyguard for Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, Steve McQueen, and Diana Ross. He charged around $3,000 a day. His business card read, "Next to God, there is no greater protector than I".

- In 2005, after seeing the effects of Hurricane Katrina, Mr. T announced he would never wear his chains again, saying they were "an insult to God", and donated clothing and money to Katrina victims.

Like I said, I pity us all!

No comments: