Monday, October 30, 2006

Kelly-ism #6

I came home late tonight after softball and this is what I found on the kitchen counter - Kelly's breakfast already laid out for tomorrow morning.

Kelly does this to save time in the morning when she has to leave in a hurry. I realize it makes total sense and helps her get out the door on time.

It's just funny to see that she even puts a straw in the cup in order to save an extra 5 seconds in the morning!!

I know, I'm going to appreciate this kind of organization and preparedness once Tate gets here.

But meanwhile, it's just one of those cute things my wife does that makes me giggle!

PS: Yes, this is the famous breakfast Kelly eats every single morning! Peanut butter on wheat bread with her doctor approved one-and-only Diet Coke - the breakfast of champions!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shannon said...

And she teases me about being type A????

Julie said...

I don't know your wife, but that CRACKS ME UP. I love it. I love that she starts her day off with the one diet coke. I think we could really get along.

How much longer til baby Tate?

B-Mom said...

Whatta gal! Once Tate gets here you'll have to take over preparing her pre-breakfast ritual!

Your life will change...huh, Shannon! But it is a very good change! Blessed event!

laura said...

You are so right... you will so appreciate the organization of your wife after little Tate makes his entrance into the world! It is amazing how much less stressful our days are when we're prepared for whatever comes our way with little Nate man... but when your scrounging... whew, it can be a little crazy! You guys are in our prayers during your last days of pregnancy... enjoy the time together!

Kelly said...

I feel as though I should defend myself on this one. This is not an everyday practice, just the really early days where an extra 5 minutes of sleep makes a difference. I don't prepare everything...I still have to get the ice for my Diet Coke! :)

Wade said...

Hey Shannon,

Who's Type A more? You or Kelly? Hmmmm - tough call!
______________________________

Hey Jules,

I don't know what it is but Diet Coke fanatics are always instant friends!

Tate is only about a month away - check out the baby pool!
_____________________________

Hey B-Mom,

People keep warning us about the impending change like its something to dread. I'm like you though - I can wait for the little guy to get here!
______________________________

Hey Laura,

We have a friend who never seems to get bothered by anything - she's so laid back. It's really a trait to admire. I'm trying to train Kelly to be the same way by asking her when she gets uptight, "Babe, what would Lori do?"

Sometimes it works - sometimes I should have just kept my mouth shut! Ha!
________________________________

Hey Babe,

No need to defend yourself! I'm sure if I think real hard I can come up with a funny little habit that I do from time to time.

Thanks all for stopping by,

W