Sunday, October 01, 2006

QOTW Results: Speeding Tickets!

"Your license and registration, please."

You gotta hate the sound of those words. We've all heard them - some more than others. Unfortunately, I've heard them a lot!

I have gotten out of several tickets by pulling over before the cop had a chance to pull in behind me and turn on his lights. Hey, when you're guilty - you're guilty.

One cop came up to my window and said, "Well, I guess you know why I pulled you over." He checked my license and then sent me on my way with just a warning. Such a nice guy!

Here are some lame excuses some people have actually tried:

- "I had to speed up to get up the hill."

- "I'm low on gas and need to get to a gas station as fast as I can!"

- "My speedometer is broken. It reads 15 mph below what I'm actually doing."

- One guy got upset and messed up the 'my wife is at the hospital in labor' excuse: "My wife is about to get pregnant and I need to be there when it happens!"

- Given by a motorist receiving a ticket for doing 64 in a 25 mph speed zone: "I was speeding up for the 55 mph zone ahead."

- Apparently they made a movie about this excuse: "Every time my car drops below 50 mph it dies."

- Given by a dad with a backseat full of kids: "Just trying to get away from the noises in the backseat." (He got off with a warning!)

- "My dad told me I could get away with doing 11 over without getting stopped."

_____________________________________

"In order to get out of a speeding ticket, you would:"

Total votes: 19

Kill him with kindness: 11 votes, 57%

Start crying and say you're sorry: 5 votes, 26%

'I didn't know it was 30 mph': 2 votes, 10%

'You'll never catch me!': 1 vote, 5%

Get mad: 0 votes

Claim a State Trooper Association donation: 0 votes

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I am happy to admit that I am the one vote for "you'll never catch me!" My friend got out of a ticket by saying she had to go potty, that is why she was speeding. She goes on to say, "Officer, i am serious! Follow me, my house is around the corner, feel free to give me a ticket but first I have to take care of business!" Then she drove off. Cop followed her home but was so surprised that she did that-she he laughed and gave her a warning. Now that is the way to get out of a ticket :)!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how many times I came across that excuse - although some were flat out lies!

I found a story where a woman claimed diarrhea while running into her house when the cop pulled in behind her! Supposedly the police officer came back the next day not to give her a ticket but just to check up on her - small town police department obviously!

Glad your friend made it home!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Shannon said...

I'm sure someday I'll use Mallory as an excuse like that guy! Especially if her screaming gets louder as she gets older....oh dear!