Sunday, October 08, 2006

QOTW Results

Business Math at ACU will always hold a special memory in my mind. Not because it provided me a venue to showoff my impressive 'human calculator' talent*, but because that class was when I first saw Kelly and thought, "Hey now!"

I showed up late for class (imagine that!) and the only untaken seat was to Kelly's immediate right. The lay-out of the room meant that I would have to spend the entire semester looking directly past Kelly's profile in order to see the teacher.

Best seat in the house - sometimes it pays to runs a few minutes late!

I'm sure Kelly had similar 'hey now!' thoughts when she saw me but because she was dating some jerk at the time she obviously had to restrain herself.

By the way, if said-jerk happens to be reading this then: That's right! You were a jerk!

Anyway, take a moment this week to remember the first thing that crossed your mind when you met your significant other and then tell them why you've got a smile on your face.

And, if you're comfortable, feel free to share with us what it was!
__________________________________________

"What was the first thing you noticed about your significant other?"

Total votes: 13 votes

His or her looks: 4 votes, 30%

His or her brains: 3 votes, 23%

His or her sense of humor: 3 votes, 23%

Actually, he/she noticed me first: 2 votes, 15%

His or her wardrobe: 1 vote, 7%

His or her car: 0 votes


*sarcasm

5 comments:

tara said...

I would like to say that the reason I noticed what Dwight was wearing first was because he was sporting socks with his Tevas - how we ended up together I will never know!

Anonymous said...

Socks with Tevas! Ha!

I guess I can't laugh too hard. Kelly would tell you that when we started dating she made fun of me for wearing suede bucks with no shoelaces - very peculiar looking.

I went without shoelaces when the orginals broke and never bothered to replace them.

Good thing you girls have fashion-forgiveness . . . or else us guys would have never gotten any dates.

Mo said...

Well when I took Business Math (twice) and made an "F" and a "D", we were in Walling Lecture Hall and it was beyond boring.
Wade, you were probably in grade school then.
My wife has the jeans and tennis look going that I thought was cool.
I guess it worked!
ICB.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mo,

I have to be honest and say that I ended up taking Bus Math twice as well - I didn't want to take a D. So I dropped out of the class and took it during the summer at Tarrant County Jr. College and got an A.

I was amazed how much easier it was there!

At least not all of your memories of Walling are bad ones!! That's where I met Sparky!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Mo said...

Hey Wade, would you like to meet Sparky again? I have excellent connections with that one, and a little personal fun time is always...fun!