Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I Hate Allergies . . . and Walgreen's Customer Service!!

Kelly, Tate and I stopped at the Walgreen's Drive-Thru last night to pick up my allergy medication.

After we had sat 2nd in line for over 10 minutes and seeing no hope of pulling forward to the window, Tate decided he was done waiting. It's amazing how much louder that boy seems to cry when you're sitting inside a car. On top of that, his cry turns so pitiful when he gets really hungry! I'll try to get it on tape for you sometime.

Since I couldn't bear hearing Tate's wails of misery any longer, I decided I'd just come back for my allergy medication tomorrow - big mistake!

It's now 4:00 AM tomorrow morning and my allergies are flaring up big time! I can't breathe! I can't sleep! I'm sneezing! I'm hacking! And I've completely slathered my entire upper body with Vick's Vaporub - so now when ever I do get a breath of air it's 90% Vaporub fumes and only 10% oxygen . . . which means I'm starting to see some freaky-weird hallucinations!

And to top it off, Tate has been wide awake since 3 AM! He's fine so long as somebody holds him. Have you ever tried blowing your nose with one hand while trying to hold a baby with the other? Yeah, I don't think Tate would recommend it either!

Whew! I just got rescued by Kelly - it's feeding time again which usually means Tate will be out like a light once he's done (cross your fingers!). Poor Kelly, tonight she has 2 babies keeping her awake!

Too bad Roanoke doesn't have a 24-Hour pharmacy, they'd be getting my business as well as this sad tale of woe right about now! But don't worry, my pharmacist will get a chance to hear all about my early morning once he opens in another 3 hours! I think I'll get there so that I'm standing at the door when he unlocks it!

Sorry to vent - I guess I'm hoping somebody will feel my pain!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 bottle of Robitussin + 2 packs of Ricola + 1 Vicks Sinex nasal spray + Bausch & Lomb eyedrops + a whole lot of those small Kleenex travel packs = I am feeling your pain bro (at 6am).

And I can't find the Robitussin I just picked up last night at midnight. Where would I misplace that?

You're a trooper watching over Tate. Good luck and hope you get better soon. Butch

Pearson Family said...

I hope you get your medicine and it works quickly and both you and Tate get some rest. I know about that baby cry in the car! Emaline crys EVERY time we get in the car right now and doesn't stop until we arrive at our destination. My cell phone minutes have dropped considerably. Tell Kelli to hang in there!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I have been on allergy injections (pollen, grass and dust mites) for 4 years. I probably have one year of shots remaining. Within the first year I broke into hives after the injections three times I think. The remedy for the hives was a Benadryl injection in the "you know where" by the nurse. I was then too tired to drive home and had to rest on a bed. Once I came home I was so tired that the rest of the day was a write off. Please get well.

Wade said...

Hey Butch,

Here's my allergy cocktail: 1 Allegra-D 24 + Singulair + Nasonex + 1 quarterzone shot in the "you know where" (as S & T puts it!) + 1 large box of Puffs with Aloe Vera lotion = Ahhh! Sweat relief!
_______________________________

Hey Paige,

Tate's crying usually doesn't bother me unless we're in the car. Yes it's loud but I hate that feeling that there's nothing you can do until you get where you're going!

Poor Emaline (and poor Paige, Parker & Stacy, too!). Maybe Emaline is just upset about the traffic around here getting worse and worse! What's the deal?

Hang in there!
______________________________

Hey S & T,

I hereby declare all allergies the tool of the devil! What misery! It sounds as though you are being tortured to greater extent than I.

Here's one good thing to look forward to in Heaven: You won't have to worry about stopping to smell the flowers!

Can't wait!

Thanks all for stopping by . . . and taking pity,

W

Anonymous said...

hi

regarding the allergies you may want to post about it on http://forum.theallergyforum.co.uk

thanks

jon

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's one heck of a cocktail Wade. I had to call my pharma-rep sister to have it translated for me.

As she explained, the idea I got was that it sort of sounded as if you were ordering three whiskeys all for yourself.

She said I should go score some Musilex for myself.

Anonymous said...

I'm a rookie blogger. -Butch

Anonymous said...

I should probably register. But does registering mean I'm making a commitment to blogging?

Wade said...

Hey Butch,

Just because you register it doesn't mean you have to keep your own blog. It just sets up a profile for you!

Come to the dark side!

W