Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow Day?

I, along with the rest of North Texas, was more than just a little surprised to wake up to a blanket of snow outside yesterday morning.

Kelly and I actually heard a weatherman on TV try to explain how they missed this in their forecast by saying, "We're not perfect, folks!"

News flash!

Like a little kid staying home from school, I got bundled up and went outside to play in the snow with our dog Macy. I wanted to take Tate out to play as well but Kelly kept going on about him only being 7 weeks old and it being less than 25 degrees outside - whatever!

The best thing about snow in Texas: Here today - gone tomorrow!

3 comments:

Keri said...

So weird to hear about your snow down there. We are in for another wintery mix. That is the creative name the weathermen came up with. That way they cover their rears if it only snows, if it snows and sleets, if it does the rain/snow/sleet/ice thing. So far we are averaging a wintery mix every 7 days!!! We have another one starting tomorrow. We are ready for spring here!

Take care,
Keri

Shannon said...

I really wanted some snow here so I could take some pictures of Mallory in it, but no such luck. It looked like snow, but I found out yesterday it was indeed ice...yep, I busted on our driveway. I have a habit of that, huh? I wish there had been a video camera set up, it would have made a funny "America's Funniest Home Videos"! I still chuckle when I replay the scene in my head.

Wade said...

Hey Keri,

First and foremost, I hope you are doing well and resting comfortably - from the sounds of it, Gracelyn is making sure that you are.

To your comment, the best thing about being a weatherman is that nobody expects you to ever get it right. The only down side is catching all the flak when you get it really wrong!
______________________________

Hey Shannon,

What is it with you Enright girls and slipping on ice. You're like moths attracted to a bright light - you just can't keep away and the end result is never good!

Believe me! We ALL wish you had video of that!

Uh-oh! I just remembered you have that picture of me in my cycling jacket . . . I better start being nice to you!

Speaking of which, we got some SnapFish photos of Mallory. My favorite was the of her wearing her bow! She's adorable! ;)