Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year's Resolutions . . .

For 2007, I resolute to:

- Use my blinker more often.

- Let Kelly finish her sentences.

- Brush Macy more often.

- Brush Macy's teeth more often.

- Do that thing that I was supposed to do in 2006 but forgot what it was that I was supposed to do.

- Not continually loose my keys, wallet, cell phone, sunglasses, wedding ring(s), hearing aid and . . . well, pretty much everything I own.

- Not get upset about having weeds in my yard.

- Not let things pile up on my desk.

- Read more books than I did in 2006 - which would be around 12 or more.

- Watch less TV than I did in 2006 - which will actually be hard now that we've got HD.

- Continue to spend time with 'the kids' (my niece & nephew) even though Tate is here.

- Spend more time at home now that Tate is here - where else would I want to be with a face like this?


- Finish a bike race with an average speed of 20 mph or better . . . without ending up in the Emergency Room . . . again. (Kelly's rule!)

- Raise more money than last year for the Sam's Club MS150 - which would be $375 or better.


- Beat last year's time in the Sam's Club MS150 - which would be 163 miles in less than 9 hours, 48 minutes.

- Somehow end this country's insatiable appetite for Paris Hilton, Linsey Lohan and Britney Spears. (Any ideas, people?)

- Have more patience for people who have the common sense of a lemming.




- Try not to glare at people who talk too loud on their cell phone and/or have annoying ring tones.

- Try to improve the strained relations I have with The Evil Empire, more commonly known as American Airlines.

- Try not to give a rip about what celebrities think or say about President Bush, the war, our country or anything else in general.

- And most importantly . . . pray as much as I can!


Whew! This is going to be a busy year!

Happy New Year, Everyone!

6 comments:

Keri said...

you can do it Wade! :)

Shannon said...

Wade, I like your resolutions.

Don't worry, Brad and I will keep you accountable with not losing your accessories:) Maybe it will be easier now that you have a "man bag".

Wade said...

For clarification purposes, you know perfectly well it's not a "man bag"!

It's a bag that helps me keep Tate's stuff organized but doesn't look like a frilly diaper bag like the one you make Brad carry around!

And yes, I'm sure it will help me keep my stuff organized as well!

By the way, any suggestions on how make a wide-awake baby go to sleep at 3:30 AM?

Shannon said...

I don't really have any advice...except gas drops! They are a life saver...we still use them with Mallory when she is super fussy.

I know it's not a "man bag". I'm just giving you a hard time:) I've seen it in person and it in no way resembles a diaper bag.

Shelly said...

That boy couldn't be any cuter!! What a little doll! Thanks for your comment about the New Year's Pancake Breakfast. It was a fun tradition to have growing up. I can't believe you can remember stuff like that but you can't remember where you put your wedding ring(s). :) Happy New Year to you 3!

Wade said...

Hey Shelly,

Yeah, my selective memory drives Kelly nuts!

I can remember that Nazi Germany invaded Poland on September 1, 1939 - signifying the start of World War II . . . but I seem to have trouble remembering to make that phone call or stop by the store on the way home!

But, hey! That's how I keep things interesting around here!

Thanks for stopping by,

W