Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My New Office

Just wanted to let you all know my new office location:


Panera Bread
1700 S. University
Fort Worth, TX 76107

(Preferably the 2nd table on the right as you walk in the door. Cell phone number is the same!)

Why the change? Good food. Great cookies - try their chocolate chip walnut! But, most of all, free high speed Wifi!

Since Tate has a way of keeping me from attacking the ever-growing stack in my In-Box on my desk at home, I've discovered the greatness of doing office work by using Panera's free Wifi.

It's genius on their part. They offer me free Wifi - I buy their food and get work done. It's win-win!

Which leads me to wonder, why do hotels like Hilton and Marriott charge me $30 a day for dial-up speed internet access? Starbucks isn't any better with their required T-Mobile account.

C'mon, people! Free Wifi = more walk-in business!

Meanwhile, feel free to stop by and see me at my new office. No appointment required . . . especially if you're buying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I chose Super Bowl commercials for your poll question. Here in Canada we have a simulcasting law which allows the Canadian networks which show American programs simultaneously to broadcast over top of the American feed. This means that we do not see the Super Bowl ads during the Super Bowl (unless you watch it at a pub with the American feed) but view the same old often lame Canadian ones. I have lived in the UK as well and between the US, UK, and Canada we generally have the most boring commercials. Anyway I think the Canadian simultcasting law is lame but we usually see the Super Bowl ads on our news broadcasts the week or so after the game.

Cheers, Wade.

Wade said...

Sorry to sound like the sheltered American here, but . . . I did not know that!

Huh. That means that all those people from around the world who are supposedly tuning in to watch the Super Bowl really are watching just for the game.

They're all missing out!

OK, then - I'll look for the really good commercials on YouTube after the game and post them here just for you, Russ!

Thanks for stopping by,

W