Friday, July 06, 2007

1980's Advertising At Its Best (Part 3)



I mentioned earlier that I took my nephew to see Transformers to help cheer him up after the loss of his beloved Buffett. I have to admit that I also had a secondary and much more selfish motive - I was a huge Transformers fan growing up!



As far at the movie goes, if you're into alien robots, great special FX, and really corny "more than meets the eye" one-liners - it's actually a pretty good flick!

But now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I enjoyed it because it was a good movie or just because it was an OK movie that reminded me of the great time I had spending hours in my room with Optimus Prime issuing "more than meets the eye" one-liners to myself!

Either way, it was time well spent with Trip.

4 comments:

Sarah B said...

I'm in New Mexico this weekend visiting Wade Spaulding (& his wife and baby :) He tells me to tell you Hi for him! As for me, I'm looking forward to the Transformer movie because I played them with my little brother, too!

Wade said...

Hey Sarah!

Tell Wade I said hey and hope his family is doing well!

Wow! You played Transformers with your brother? What a cool sister you are!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hey Wade,

I saw the cartoons a bit when they came out, as my nephews watched them. I viewed the movie last night and it was very good.

Cheers:)

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

What does it say about me if I were to tell you that I'm actually looking forward to the sequel?

Sad, maybe?

W