Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kelly-ism #13

This Kelly-ism is actually me sharing something about the "mommy-side" of Kelly that I love.

One of Kelly's favorite things to do with Tate is to go into his room at night and hold him in the dark while he's still asleep.

This is her time with her little boy when he's not squirmy, fussy or otherwise mesmerized by the ceiling fan. While she's holding Tate, Kelly will pray for him, talk to him and tell him just how much he is loved. Very often she'll reappear from Tate's rooms with watery eyes.

I guess this is how "momma's boys" are made - which is just fine with me.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a precious time! I too remember doing that with Hudson. I still do the same thing with Cooper but not as often. Juggling 2 kiddos can make it difficult. Enjoy the time you have with just the one- it goes by so fast and you can never have that time alone with just him. Tate is lucky to have you both as his parents!

Wade said...

Hey Jennifer,

I have to say that I definitely have a new appreciation for families like yours with more than one child - and especially those with multiples!

As for being Tate's parents, there are moments when Kelly and I actually feel like we're the lucky ones!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Soon, he needs his own blog.;) You should get a link out of it and your Technorati ranking goes up.:)

He looks like a very nice baby boy.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Beuatiful!

Tate will grow up to be a strong man of God for the time that Kelly spends praying for Tate.

Super sweet, Kelly!