Sunday, July 22, 2007

VBS Was A-OK!

Before too much more time goes by, I want to take a moment and give props to EDMC and TxMommy for doing such a great job, yet again, on our VBS this past week!

I've always been very proud of our VBS considering the size of Vista Ridge. I know that there are a lot of great programs going on each summer at other congregations - but, thanks to the tireless effort of folks like these, we've always had a great turnout and participation!

I had planned on taking some pictures during VBS to post. But since I spent the entire time either memorizing my script (I was the emcee!) or trying to figure out how to get my nightly science project to work I didn't have much time to click off a few photos.

Instead of an actual photo, try this as a visual: Just imagine me standing in front of 50 some-odd kids trying to draw a parallel between Diet Dr. Pepper cans floating in tub of water, regular Dr. Pepper cans sinking in a tub of water . . . and the story of Peter walking (or sinking) on water.

Confused? That's OK. So were the 50 some-odd kids!

Thanks again, EDMC & TxMommy - I heard so many compliments!

(At least on the everything not having to do with my science projects!)

4 comments:

Mo said...

Picturing you was funny enough...glad that you got to participate though.
ICB-

Wade said...

Mo!

You have been resurrected back into the blog world! I had begun to think that we had lost you forever!

So glad to hear from you!

When are we going to do another poker night w/ Brian?

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Mo said...

I have missed it too, thanks Wade.

Actually we've played twice in the last 2 months, need to get you over...Brian and I split the pot last time, and the time before that I won, but he had a straight flush J-10-9-8-7; and I called him with a full boat. Wow!
Maybe we'll play late August or so, at their new place in Coppell!

GliterallyScoot said...

Thanks Wade! There were so many people who did so much great stuff for VBS. We can't take all the credit! :-) You were a great emcee!